This week the Eco Committee looked at ways we can have a more eco-friendly Easter and made a display of their ideas to share with everyone at the after school Easter Egg Hunt.
Here are their top tips:
- Choose eggs with no plastic packaging and less excess packaging in general.
- Buy Easter gifts, decorations etc second hand from charity shops or online.
- Try to walk more or use public transport in the holidays and leave the car at home.
- Recycle as much as you can! And compost food waste.
- If you’re buying real eggs choose local, organic, free range ones.
- Buy Fairtrade chocolate eggs. Even better if they are vegan.
- Eat a bit less meat and dairy and get some protein from plant sources instead, e.g. beans, nuts, and lentils.
- Make your own cards, Easter baskets, gifts and decorations.
Happy Easter from the Eco Committee!
You must be logged in to post a comment.